This is our first "company" truck. It is a 1950 Dodge pick-up. Madsen's is not the original owner. The original owner was Lindy Linderman, who used it in his lumber yard. We purchased it in 1956, and it was our only company vehicle until 1972. It was then sold, repurchased, and finally, restored.
Today the truck sits in middle of the store, displays merchandise, and visually testifies to our 60+ years business. Its shiny condition is the work of Bob Judson, a fellow who worked in our shop and has since retired. It took Bob about three years to restore it. Our original truck was in such poor condition, two additional trucks were acquired to get enough good parts to build one good one. The box, hood, cab, frame, and all the running gear is from the original truck.
Here is a pic of the truck in 1960. It was originally red, but in this photo, it had been painted light blue. Ralph Madsen is on the left and Magnus Madsen on the right.