Magnus Madsen opened the doors of "Madsen's Repair Shop" in 1946, but the first photo we have was taken in 1948.
A proud Magnus Madsen is shown standing next to the bay door of his new shop.
This photo was taken in 1959. Magnus (the tall fellow) and his neighbor Ernie are standing out front. Notice Madsen's had grown to include two shop bays. Magnus started selling chain saws in 1952. It is hard to see in the photo, but in the window is a display of "one-man chainsaws."
This is what the "sales office" looked like in 1960. Grandson, Sam, is sitting on the counter next to Magnus. You can see from Sam's dirty knees that he liked "helping" his Grandfather in the shop.
This is a photo of the three generations who have owned and operated Madsen's. Ralph, the second generation, is on the left. Today's owner, Sam, is the two-year-old in the middle. Magnus, the founder is on the right.
Young Sam is shown here explaining the features and benefits of a "Pioneer" saw. These were among the first direct-drive saws on the market.